Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot Child in The City

It only occurred to me the other day, that before we moved to New York I threw out at least two dresses that were pretty much the only thing I could wear in the kind of heatwave that we are having in New York right now. It is so hot and humid that everyone (okay maybe just me) is walking around in a big sweaty mess. This kind of heat calls for lightweight, floaty dresses, strappy sandals and lots of sun protection.

So I ducked into the Zara sale and always cheap H&M to see if I could find some cheap replacements. Here are the dresses I found and how I plan to wear them...

Zara dress, hat and bag; Ray-ban sunglasses; Steve Madden sandals; J.Crew bracelet; Gap belt

Zara dress*, hat and bag; Steve Madden sandals; J.Crew belt and necklaces; Ray-ban sunglasses

Zara dress; J.Crew necklace and handbag; Kate Spade black & gold bracelet and belt; 
Ralph Lauren bangles; Steve Madden wedges

Success! Three cheap and cheerful looks to beat the heat. What do you like to wear when the temperature soars?

*I didn't actually buy this dress - I bought a super cheap orange t-shirt dress at H&M but I couldn't find a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment