Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Already?

We have made it to Friday yet again. With a short week it has come around very quickly and I wasn't very productive at all. Not that I am complaining, we were lucky enough to be away in beautiful Costa Rica.

This weekend we are heading to Boston to catch up with some good friends from Australia who have recently moved there. I can't wait, not only to see our friends but also because I love Boston. We went there around this time last year and it is such a great place. There is so much history and I love the architecture of the buildings. While still a busy city it is much quieter than New York and sometimes you just need a break from the hustle and bustle.

Image Credit: All Posters

That being said, this will be our third weekend in a row out of the city. I am really looking forward to staying local next week. Being in New York in summer is one of my favourite things. Sure its hot and sweaty, the city kind of stinks, and there is no respite from the searing sun. But, there is still something wonderful about walking around with your iced coffee, the cold condensation drippng down your arms, stopping in shady patches to get a break from the sun, people enjoying eating and drinking outside, parks full of sunbathers, fresh fruit stands, kids in fountains. I really do love living in New York.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment