Monday, November 21, 2011

Wedding Details


I got my wedding photos over the weekend so thought I would share a few of the details that made up my look for the day...

I got my dress from Gabriella New York Bridal Salon and had the best experience. They were so sweet and nice, and made getting a dress so much fun. I chose an Amy Kuschel gown which I absolutely love. The original line of the dress was more of a baby doll, which is not a very flattering silhouette, so I opted to add a sparkly belt to not only change the line of the dress but to also jazz it up a little. The belt I chose was also by Amy Kuschel. All together it was a little Grecian goddess and I loved it.

I debated whether to wear a veil or not on the blog and in the end decided to go with wearing one for the ceremony only. I also added a flower hairpiece that I made myself using the fabric off-cuts from my gown (I had to redesigned the back of the dress to accommodate the belt and so had a fair bit of fabric to spare). I wore the headpiece all day, even with my veil.

My jewellery was a mixture of pieces including earrings from Jewelmint, which were such a bargain and looked like a million dollars. I was also very touched to be allowed to carry my late grandmother's hanky with me on the day. She carried it with her on the day that she married my grandfather, so it was very special to me.

It was the best day and I am so happy with how everything came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment