Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Travel in Style


1. J.Crew Sweater
2. Barton Perreira Glasses
3. Gap Scarf
4. J.Crew Socks
5. DKNY Tote
6. UO Loafers
7. J Brand Jeans
8. Alexander Wang T-shirt

I am off to London tonight with the husband, to visit some friends and take advantage of the extra long weekend due to Thanksgiving. When I am flying I like to dress comfortably but without looking like I just rolled out of bed. When flying overnight as we will be, this is especially important.

Now, for the plane travel thought process... I am someone who wears jeans all the time and flying is no exception. I put on my most comfortable pair and I am as happy as if I were wearing leggings (which I only wear for exercise - I am one of those leggings are not pants people). I also like to wear a comfortable t-shirt and a warm cardigan that I can put on or take off depending on the temperature on the plane (I usually freeze). Then I pull my hair up, make sure I have a clean face and settle in for the journey.

My other necessities include a big bag that I can throw everything into, including magazines, books and a big warm scarf. When travelling for longer than four or five hours I need to ditch the contacts and pull out the specs, unless I want to land with irritated red eyes. Oh and I always take socks in my carry on, admittedly mine are special compression ones otherwise my feet and ankles triple in size. But socks are also great to keep your feet warm when the shoes come off.

---

On a special note, this is my one hundredth blog post. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and who leaves lovely comments when you have seen something you enjoyed. It is something I started not knowing where it would lead (and truth be told I still don't), but I am enjoying doing it and I hope you enjoy reading it too! 
x Kate

2 comments:

  1. Loving that sweater and those loafers. Have a safe trip and Happy Thanksgiving! Love your blog, now following!

    xox
    alex

    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th blog post Kate!

    The blog has come so far in such a short time, and I look forward to reading every post. Your should be so proud!!

    Love Michael

    ReplyDelete