Thursday, November 17, 2011

Decades Past

1950's
Images via Pinterest and Trendy Decor

1960's
Images via Victoria Beckham on Style.com and Ouno Design

1970's
Images via Tommy Ton on Style.com and Elle Decor

Sometimes when I am feeling uninspired by the looks on the runway or in magazines, I like to look back at trends of the years gone past, as inevitably they will come around again. This goes for both fashion and home interiors. And it not just about looking back at what people wore or how they decorated their homes in that time period, it's also looking at how people in the present translate these trends to make them modern. 

The above images are a few examples of how trends from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's have been translated to make them fit for the 2010's. I especially love the home interior images, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Without doubt the best lifestyle blog going around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, but as my husband your opinion isn't exactly unbiased! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my connection to NYC and lifestyle trends two of mt favorite things so I agree with Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and super inspiration!! Glad I found you through Apartment 34! Cheers, Igor xoxo

    ReplyDelete