Monday, November 7, 2011

Undecorate

I stumbled across this title while perusing the design books at a shop in SoHo over the weekend. The name resonated with me instantly, and then when I pulled the book from the shelves I new I had found a name for my interior decorating philosophy, undecorate.


The simple concept that by not following the rules of design (of which I am not trained) you can create a stunning and inviting space that is just what YOU want it to be. A space that works for YOU and YOUR lifestyle and not one that is cookie cutter one size fits all.

I have become even happier to discover that the author, designer Christiane Lemieux, has an online store called Dwell Studio. A place where you can find the most amazing furniture and decor items as well as bedding and all sorts of things for babies and kids. Below are some of the things on my if-money-were-no-object list...
All images from Dwell Studio

How you you describe your design philosophy? Does the idea of undecorating resonate with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment