Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What I've Been Up To Lately

Last week I had the pleasure of spending some time with one of my favourite people from home and her new fiancée (congrats again guys). It gave me an excuse to continue being a tourist, something that lingered on into my weekend, when my friends had long gone off to Boston on the train.

Here are some of the things I got up to....

Ate a chilli-dog on the Circle Line Cruise (no they are not all mine)
I have definitely mentioned before how much I love this cruise. If you are coming to New York, make this part of your itinerary, you won't be disappointed. Maybe just steer clear of the chilli-dog, they are not so nice.

Took more photos of The Statue of Liberty
While I have never been, and probably will never go, over to Liberty Island on the ferry, you get a pretty good view from the Circle Line. I just don't see the point of paying for another ferry when you can see the whole island of Manhattan and get up close and personal with Lady Liberty herself.

Took more photos of the Staten Island Ferry
For me the Staten Island Ferry is not a thrilling tourist experience. I went on it once. Over to Staten Island. And I got straight back on the next ferry coming back to Manhattan. I do like the look of the big orange beast though, hence the photos.

Took more photos of the Brooklyn Bridge
I love this bridge and getting shots from underneath it. For me it's better than dealing with the swarms of people on the path above.

Got a fresh pedicure
Enough said, who doesn't love buffed and polished sandal ready feet?

Ate at the 'Seinfeld Diner'
I went up to the 'Seinfeld Diner' aka Tom's Restaurant for a heavy breakfast and coffee refills with my visiting friends.
(Note: this photo was taken last year when the weather was much colder)

Bought a new belt from J.Crew
This belt was originally purchased to go with a dress I bought for an upcoming casual wedding. But I think it is going to become one of my favourite wardrobe staples.

Ate a Shake Shake burger (finally)
These burgers are famous, everyone talks about them and people line up for over an hour to get one (we did too). Was it the best burger I have ever eaten, I don't think so. But having said that, they are still pretty good and are surprisingly small yet well sized in a culture that likes to super-size everything.

Looked at art in the park
After indulging in my burger and fries we strolled through the park and I took photos of flowers and art - as you do. The sculpture by Jaume Plensa: Echo, looks especially good lit up at night.


Took a walk down memory lane
Madison Square Park was the scene of my engagement. It has always been one of my favourite parks in the city but now it will always hold an extra special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment