Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Get Your Kicks

I love dressing for the warmer months. Its easier, less layers to worry about. I especially love that I no longer need to wear socks and boots or closed-toe shoes. My feet can rejoice in summer. They can catch the breeze in a pair of sandals. Barefoot is even more preferable but seriously, I wouldn't dare on New York streets. That's why heading to the beach is a must to feel some sand between my toes. 

I have been eyeing off quite a few lovely pairs of summer shoes lately. Most of them seem to be of the platform wedge variety. I have certainly embraced a wedge heel since moving to New York. You do so much walking in this city that I find regular heels a little to hard on the uneven pavement. Wedges have become my best friend when I am looking for a little bit of extra height without face-planting on the pavement (yes, this has happened, twice).

Here are some of my favourite shoes for this summer...

Image Credit: Refinery29
  
Image Credit: Refinery29

Image Credit: Refinery29

Image Credit: Refinery29

Image Credit: Refinery29

Image Credit: Cupcakes & Cashmere

Image Credit: Cupcakes & Cashmere


Okay, one pair of closed-toe shoes, just in case. What if I want to ride my bike?

Image Credit: See Jane

What is your preference, dressing for summer or dressing for winter?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shoes and beautiful BLOG!

    Hugs from your fan in Paris xx

    Camille @ The Wildfleur

    ReplyDelete