Thursday, March 29, 2012

Malibu Dream House






Images from Elle Decor by Simon Upton

Staying in LA, today I want to share with you the amazing home of Courtney Cox I spied on Elle Decor. I am in love with just about every detail of this house, especially that jaw-droppingly stunning view. The house uses such a simple colour palette of white, grey and wood, in contrast with the lush green and blue surrounds. Quirky art lurks around every corner of the home adding punch to the simple white walls. Large windows hold the ocean views in every room, and large French doors bring the outside in. This is helped by the use of slate tiles both inside the home and out on the deck, visually joining the two into one.

The house was originally designed by modernist architect John Lautner but was a little dark for Cox's taste, so was given an revamp by architect Michael Kovac. The interiors were designed by Trip Haenisch, a good friend of Cox's. Of the two Cox said “Michael and Trip gave me everything I wanted. This is exactly how I want to live.” Here's to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment