Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow Day






Well we finally had our first snowfall of the year in New York over the weekend. As much as I wasn't looking forward to it, it was actually pretty great. We had a couple of friends in town from Boston so after a trip to the Guggenheim, we took a stroll through Central Park where the snow was still fresh and clean, instead of dirty slush like around the streets. It was a nice way to work off some of the indulgence that was the rest of our weekend eat-a-thon.

It is moments like these that I really feel so fortunate to be able to live in such an amazing place. To think that only two years ago I had never seen snow and now I have lived through a couple of New York's biggest snow falls on record. Granted this weekend's snowfall wasn't much (and I'm glad about that), but it is nice to feel like a bit of an old hand in such conditions. Even if I don't feel so glamorous in my practical (definitely not fashionable) North Face down-filled coat!

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are very pretty. I do hate the snow though and I can't wait to get out of it. I think I would enjoy visiting NY on a snowy weekend. It maybe kinda cool, but living in it suxs!

    www.marleysimonestyle.com

    ReplyDelete