Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Moroccan Tagine




It is no secret that I love cooking. I love experimenting with different flavours, textures and cuisines. I love trying out new recipes as much as I love whipping up an old favourite. The more I cook, the more I enjoy it. I have grown confidence in my ability to make up a meal from scratch, and know that it will taste good.

Last night, I tried my hand at my first ever tagine, thanks to a great wedding present we received. I used this recipe for a Moroccan Chicken Tagine With Preserved Lemon and Olives. It was delicious, even if I do say so myself. I will definitely be cooking this again, as well as trying my hand at all sorts of other tagines.

The recipe said to serve the tagine with Moroccan bread to scoop up the chicken and sauce and that French fries are frequently served with this dish, and may even be placed on top of the chicken. I opted to serve mine with coriander/cilantro couscous and oven baked sweet potato fries. They were the perfect accompaniment.

No comments:

Post a Comment