Friday, December 2, 2011

An Artist's Oasis





Today I am bringing you pictures of the Berlin home of German artist Elvira Bach (no I hadn't heard of her either). My brother's lovely partner brought them to my attention knowing that I would appreciate them as much as he does. He has a fantastic eye for art and home interiors so is a very good source of inspiration.

I absolutely love the bold striped wall paper. It makes the home feel so formal and elegant, yet still very inviting and homey when paired with her laid back furniture and soft furnishings. I also love that beyond the drama of the living room is a very casual and relaxed entryway. While it is not the kind of place that makes me want to move right in, this apartment has some great design elements that I will hang onto for future reference. Thanks for sharing these with me Nick!

What do you think, would you dare with bold wallpaper? I think I might like to give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. The wall paper reminds me of the Collingwood change rooms, so I'd have to consider some different colours!

    ReplyDelete