Friday, August 26, 2011

The End of Another Week

Well we have made it to Friday again. This week, we survived an earthquake* and now New York is bracing for a hurricane. The center of Hurricane Irene is expected to pass straight through the city. At the last tracking of the storm, experts saw it taking in the sights up Fifth Avenue, past the Public Library and then up to Central Park.

The buildings are built to withstand hurricane winds, but there is a real threat for parts of the city to flood, especially lower Manhattan and along the Hudson River.

Image Credit: Pinterest

To be prepared I will have to pull out my gumboots and invest in a raincoat...

Hudson Boots                                                     L.L. Bean Raincoat

Enjoy your weekend, and if you're in the path of Irene, I hope you stay dry!

*I'm aware that survived an earthquake is a little extreme, but for those thirty seconds I didn't know what was going on. I actually thought it was me, not the ground, that was shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment