Thursday, April 21, 2011

Colour-Blocking

Growing up on the coast in Australia I used to wear a lot of colour. In fact I never really owned anything black. It dawned on me the other day when I was staring into my wardrobe that I don't really have that much colour any more. My wardrobe is filled with black, grey, denim, and all shades of neutral.

That's why I am so excited by the colour-blocking trend this spring. I have decided that this will be a look that I am going to embrace whole-heartedly. Colour-blocking is a trend that everyone can try because it's not restricted by budget or body shape. Plus, colour has the power to not only lift your appearance but it can also lift your mood.

 Alexandre Herchcovitch, Jil Sander, Rachel Roy on Style.com

 Aquilano Rimondi, Lanvin, Fendi on Style.com

Jil Sander, Julien Macdonald, Issa on Style.com

Personally, I can't wait to pull on some green, it has always been my favourite colour and it has the power to be very calming. Maybe it's because I love the ocean so much, or why seeing the trees starting to bloom in spring gives me such a thrill. What is your favourite colour and why?

1 comment: