Thursday, March 31, 2011

East to West

Last week I tagged along with my fiancée on his work trip to LA. We stayed for the weekend and while the weather wasn't what I had hoped for - I envisioned myself sun-baking on a lounge by the pool - it was still great to escape the bitter cold that has been New York this winter.

Don't get me wrong I love New York, but there is just something about LA that I adore. Maybe it's the fact that I'm Australian and there is something about LA that reminds me of home. It's more than the proximity to the ocean, there is a feeling as well, it's something I can't quite put my finger on.

Santa Monica

 Santa Monica looking toward Malibu

The ocean helps though. I could stare at water for hours on end, not really thinking about anything. It's my happy place. When I was doing my final exams at school, I would take study breaks at the beach as it's so calming to me. After an hour watching the waves I felt refreshed and ready to conquer my exams.

Dume Cove, Malibu 

I just love the chilled out relaxed vibe of LA. Whatever its negatives, from the beach to the hills it really is a beautiful place.

The Hollywood Hills 

PS. Yes, I'm slightly obsessed with the diorama photo mode on my camera and have used it in all these shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment